Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Tres Ojos Rose

Name: Tres Ojos Rose
Variety: 50% Tempranillo, 50% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $1.95




  Winery review: This medium rose-colored rosado boasts a spicy red cherry/plum nose with a soft lush attack of red berry fruit flavors and a crisp dry finish. Simple and refreshing and a natural for tapas. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: I was not a huge fan of this particular rose. I thought that for a rose, it was a little bit spicy when I expected it to be sweet. Upon the first sip, I immediately thought that it was more alcoholic that other wines I had tasted. I tasted the alcohol over the flavors. The dry finish is definitely something that I recognize in this wine. I think that it could be different with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment