Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting - Opera Prima Pink Moscato

Name: Opera Prima Pink Moscato NV
Variety: Macabeo, Paralleda & Pansa Blanca
Region: La Mancha, Spain
Country: Spain
Year: Unknown
Price: $5.95

Winery review: This fine sparkling presents and intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flavor petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on it own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts. Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: How can anyone not like how this tastes? Okay, I can understand that maybe someone wouldn't want to necessarily down a whole bottle of this before heading down town, but with a dessert, this would be excellent! The sweet flavor paired with the carbonation creates a smile on my face as I sip this wine. I would never drink more than one glass of this sweet wine, but I certainly enjoyed it. It tastes fruity and a little bit minty to me. It also smelled like rose water upon the first sip.


No comments:

Post a Comment