Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Dom de Mirail Cabernet/Merlot Rose

Name: Dom de Mirail Cabernet/Merlot Rose
Variety: Cabernet/Merlot Rose
Region: Cotes de Gascogne
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95


Winery review: There is a fresh, crisp character to this light rose. It is eye-watering in its refreshing character, with balancing acidity, smoothing out the edges with a touch of caramel. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review:  I was somewhat stumped when I first tasted this wine because the girl next to me said that she tasted pancakes. Soon, we discovered that she was probably tasting the caramel - or to her, maple syrup. Once this was established, the caramel flavor towards the end of the sip was very pronounced. I had written down, and distinctly remember this wine tasting extremely acidic in my opinion. I did enjoy this wine, there was just nothing familiar about it. That's a good thing, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment