Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Les Perles Piquepoul

Name: Les Perles Piquepoul
Variety: Piquepoul
Region: Cotes de Thau
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95



 
Winery review: Light and young, this is a straightforward but enjoyable selection that would be an ideal match for light fare such as grilled chicken salads or fluke. Apple flesh, nectarine, and sweet citrus oil aromas and flavors appear on the nose and palate, while the short finish is infused with a flavor of green melon rind. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: This wine was citrus-y and light! I could definitely sense the melon within the body of this wine but absolutely not the fruit. I tasted pure rind. I enjoyed this wine and it was very different than anything I had ever had before. It was sweet in the way that I like my wines to be sweet - through fruits, not sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment