Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Gabriella Chianti

Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: Chianti
Region: Florence
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95


Winery review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It's a good dry wine with a blood flavor. Even with it's boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review:  I LOVED this wine. After discussing the San Giovese variety in class, I had to try this wine. As a child, I remember "Italian night" at our annual beach week trip that my family attended. There were always twine wrapped bottles of Chianti on the table and I remember the adults having a lot of fun that night.

Upon tasting it, I immediately noticed how robust the flavor in this wine is. The fruit is very pronounced and the velvet texture makes the drink-ability very smooth.

My boyfriend is in this class with me and we purchased a bottle of this wine to enjoy with our Valentine's Day dinner. We made pesto and mozzarella stuffed chicken with tomato basil pasta and marinara sauce. The wine paired nicely with the spicy marinara sauce and really complimented the red pepper nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment