Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet NV

Name: Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet NV
Variety: 60% Shiraz, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: N/A
Country: Argentina
Year: NV
Price: $4.95



Winery review: It is dry and contains subtle tobacco undertones with a black licorice, cherry, scent. The oak is in the background. Would pairwell hamburger or a steak rather than stand alone. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: I'm not sure if I'm still just an amateur or if I just don't have a wide palate but I did not like this wine either. I could smell the oak tones when I first swirled this wine. It seems that this wine has a high level of tannins because it has an explosive flavor. I could not sense the black licorice in this wine as much as the Villa Pozzi Nero D'Avola.

No comments:

Post a Comment