Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Wilson Daniels Merlot

Name: Wilson Daniels Merlot
Variety: Paso Robles Merlot
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: Made predominantly from Paso Robles grapes, the wine is full-bodied and silky yet  robust, with aromas of black cherry and plum and a palate of blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry jam laced with vanilla and toast. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My Review: I've never been a huge fan of Merlot, mainly because a lot of what I have learned, I've learned from my mom, and she's definitely not into this particular grape one bit. It smells great, with berries and plum bursting in the nose but is tobacco-y and spicy when tasted. It was just a little bit too much for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment