Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting - Dr. Beckermann Auslese Rheinhessen

NOTE: There were only 4 wines at the Vintage Cellar on Thursday, April 25th so I tasted this one on my own at home to complete my 5 wines/week assignment.

Name: Dr. Beckermann Auslese Rheinhessen
Variety: Riesling
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2012
Price: $7.00

 
Winery Review: "Another relatively simple, soft and easy drinking offering from Trader Joe's. Not very intense or complex. Has the viscosity and mouth feel we expect from a German Riesling, but does not have that crisp little grip on the lips and palate. The color is almost clear. The nose is candied pears. The fruit is kind of syrupy baked pear and apple. Could use some more acid. Still tasty, clean and well made."

My Review: I had picked up this wine while I was at home earlier this month and just cracked it open this week. I typically find really great wines at my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's. This wine was a little bit too sweet for me though. It was fruity and sweet on the nose and fruity and sweet on the palate as well. I love a good Riesling but this one was too sweet for my liking. Needless to say, I finished the bottle and wasn't too disappointed. It was just OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment