Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: NV
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: N/A
Price: $3.95


 
Winery review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage” with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: This wine had a sharp, dry smell to it upon swirling. It tasted a bit coppery and like metal in my opinion. I would describe it as more musky and I definitely didn't get the fresh flower sense when I tasted it. I wasn't a fan of this rose at all and feel as though many reviewers describe rose's in a floral sense and I don't agree with that 80% of the time. I don't think I'll be having this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment