Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting - Ksana Bonarda

Name: Ksana Bonarda  
Variety: Bonarda
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2008
Price: $9.95



Winery Review: The bouquet is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda. Finishes solid. Very sweet, berry smell with some rooty undertones. Kind of dry, makes your lips pucker.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My Review: First of all, this wine smelled like cedar to me. I used to have cedar planks in the drawers in my closet at home and this wine smells like...my closet at home. However, upon tasting it, it was extremely flavorful and DRY. The review says "kind of dry" and I found it extremely dry. Dry to the point that I felt like I needed water after drinking in. It was bursting with tannins and just a powerful bouquet. I will have to pass on this one, but would try it again if paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment