Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Caprice de Bastor - Lamontagne

Name: Caprice de Bastor - Lamontagne
Variety: 60% Semillon, 36% Sauvignon Blanc, 4% Muscadelle

Region: Sauternes
Country: France
Year: 2004
Price:$7.95

 Winery Review:Very clean, with lemon, mineral and honey aromas that follow through to a medium body. Shows vanilla, apple and melon flavors, with a medium finish. Lightly sweet. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My Review: This wine was very interesting, but not necessarily in a good way. I just had a Sauternes last evening (Saturday) and it was technically a dessert wine and didn't taste at all like this. I thought this particular wine smelled very alcoholic at first and then I was really able to pick up tones of creamy vanilla. Almost like a Chardonnay, but not quite. I was unsure about this wine because it wasn't very sweet but was saved for last because it was supposed to be sweet...maybe I'm just confused all together about this one. Either way, I didn't care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment