Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Tinto Figaro

Name: Tinto Figaro
Variety: 100% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95


Winery review:Figaro is 100% Garnacha, made from a selection of the best grapes grown in the oldest vineyards. While not truly an "oaked wine", a short stay in oak barrels provides a nice spicy flavor boost. Bright violet. Dark berry and cherry aromas show a jammy aspect. Supple and gently sweet, with good lift to its black raspberry and boysenberry flavors. Smooth and broad on the finish, leaving behind a hint of spiciness. Extremely easy to drink and an excellent value.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: I found the tasting notes amusing almost because I found this wine almost undrinkable. Maybe I just didn't like the taste but I actually poured out the rest of the tasting portion. This wine was very spicy for my liking and I don't think I'll be having it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment