Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - Dibon Cava Brut

Name: Dibon Cava Brut
Variety: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
Region: Penedes
Country: Spain
Year: N/A
Price: $9.95




Winery review: Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes. Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity. A delicious sparkler for a great price! - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: This "Spanish champagne" was extremely different than what I'm used to when I have champagne. That being said, the citrus-y and bubbly aspects of this wine were lovely. It has a rich flavor but is not too bold for my liking. I'm giving this bubbly a thumbs up. The second time around, since we tasted this wine earlier on in the semester, I think I found it to be sweeter than the first time. Still, really enjoy this wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment