Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Montepulciano d' Abruzzo

Name: Cortenova Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Variety: 100% Montepulciano d' Abruzzo
Region: N/A
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95



Winery review: Deep ruby red color with violet highlights and a pleasant and fruity bouquet. Full bodied, soft tannins and good acidity. Excellent with pasta dishes and red meats. - Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: My immediate thought when I sniff and swirled this wine was CHERRIES! That was exactly what I smelled and I was so excited that I was able to pin that. Towards the end of the sip I felt a little kick of pepper. This may have been my imagination and not intentional from the winemaker but I did enjoy this wine! I am curious as to how it tastes with a juicy steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment