Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Canyon Road Chardonnay

Name: Canyon Road Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95



Winery review: Medium-bodied wine with notes of crisp apple and ripe citrus fruit with a hint of cinnamon spice. Delicious complement to grilled chicken, lighter pasta dishes, or mild cheeses.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: This particular Chardonnay was not as buttery and creamy as the typical Chardonnay tastes. However, I don't think it tastes citrus-y either or as much as I had expected from the tasting notes. This wine was pretty "meh" to me. I was able to pick up the apple smell when I first swirled it and I would be interested to see how it would taste with some grilled chicken - because it was pretty mediocre on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment