Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Malbec Rosé

Name: Maipe Malbec Rosé
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95



Winery review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: I was not a huge fan of this wine. I was expecting sweet because it's a rosé but it was far from sweet. It was actually very dry - which is why it makes sense that it's typically paired with spicy foods. I pick up the strong acidity more than the fruit components in this wine. It may be my novice palette but I cannot sense the strawberry at all in this wine. I don't think I'll be going back for seconds unless I am having spicy Asian food, in which case, I think I could give this wine a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment