Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: N/A
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95


Winery review:Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine Perfect also as an aperitif.- Vintage Cellar Tasting Notes

My review: I liked this wine quite a bit. As stated previously, I'm not big on overly sweet wines and typically like pinot grigio's because they lack that feature. I definitely can pick up the almond taste in the after taste. It's citrus-y but dry, just how I like it. I purchased a bottle of this and hope to make some spaghetti this weekend to pair it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment